Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waiting for Lefty

By now, you should know that I have an admiration for plays. I prefer plays with dialogue that stands out. Clifford Odets' Waiting for Lefty has just that.

Odets was responsible for co-writing one of my all-time favorite movies. After hearing the snappy yet vile dialogue in that, I grew curious in Odets' other works outside of Hollywood.

Waiting for Lefty revolves around cab drivers planning a strike. This was written when strikes were becoming commonplace for New York City. Do I have a problem with that? Not at all.

The only thing I didn't like about Waiting for Lefty was that each act would flip flop between characters that had no real connection. It got a bit confusing. But still, I loved Odets' way of words.

My Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.