Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Men I Adore: 20 Favorite Actors

I thought I might as well get this out of the way. I mean, I've mentioned from time to time a few actors that I like watching perform on the silver screen, but I never really committed myself to making an actual list. In alphabetical order, here are my twenty favorite actors.

Christian Bale
Humphrey Bogart
Marlon Brando
Richard Burton
James Cagney
Montgomery Clift
Tony Curtis
Leonardo DiCaprio
Kirk Douglas
Robert Downey, Jr.
Ralph Fiennes
Henry Fonda
William Holden
Burt Lancaster
Jude Law
Jack Lemmon
Robert Mitchum
Paul Newman
Sean Penn
James Stewart

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Michael Douglas
Cary Grant
Edward Norton
Joaquin Phoenix
Sam Rockwell

4 comments:

  1. Interesting list. I'd be interested in reading your reasons for choosing who you did. Glad to see James "Jimmy" Stewart there and wish Cary Grant had made your top 20...


    BTW, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I liked that you compiled it in alphabetical order.

    btw, don't you want to get the retweet button on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your choices are superb…but Michael Douglas is at the very top of my list. He performs such a great role and delivers everything you would anticipate and more! He is a legend in my book

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.